Uses the stock crossover. I wonder how well the phases align at the crossover point, with the horn moved forward like that.
Wow those are beautiful. I bet that they took many man hours to build.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but yuck! That black lacquer look is pretty cheesy to me. No doubt a lot of effort went into them. Effort that could have been better spent IMO.

I agree.. They are NOT model 19's.Seller qoutes, "The original Altec Lansing No. 19 speakers were used in large theatre rooms sitting hundreds of people, so it goes to show their potential". I think he is confused Model 19's aren't theater speakers.. They used Vott's for the theater..
FWIW, there use to be a multiplex of small cinemas relatively near me that used M19 utility cabs with a 8154 LFE channel to handle the lows. My hearing says they had the 811's running wide open up high, but otherwise was a better performer overall than the typical JBLs at my preferred ~one screen width seating distance, so a custom M19 in a well damped sealed alignment + separate sub system might be worth the extra cost/effort in a HIFI/HT app.
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
Bookmarks